Cebu to Manila to Las Vegas to Montana USA

Excalibur Las Vegas, Arrival in Las Vegas, Connecting Flights Philippines Airlines
Excalibur - Las Vegas Hotel
14th of August, Good Bye Philippines, when will I see you again...

I flew with Philippine Airlines (PAL). My foreign fiance purchased my ticket online Manila-Las Vegas, so I had to purchase my ticket for Cebu - Manila.

I went to a ticketing office to get a domestic flight Cebu to Manila for over Php2000 pesos only, cheap right?! But then I've learned that you have to get your flights Cebu-Manila to Manila-Las Vegas or else your luggage wouldn't get checked-thru.

How do you get your flights connected?

I went to the Main office of Philippines Airlines (PAL) to request for my flights to get connected. When I spoke with the PAL agent, he said, "Sorry Ma'am, I cannot connect your flights because your ticket for Cebu-Manila is a domestic flight, Manila-Las Vegas is an International flight", and "You cannot check-thru your luggage as well because the check-in limit for domestic flight is only 15kl, whereas, International flight is 40kl"

Remember this Travel Tip: You cannot connect Domestic flights to International flights in the Philippines.

So, I asked the Philippine Airlines Agent, "What should I do, Sir?". Then, he upgraded my flight from Domestic to International and connected both flights so I could check-thru my luggage. I paid an additional Php4,000 pesos to have my flight upgraded. Solved!

Arrival at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Manila. I had 3 hours before my scheduled flight to Las Vegas. My friend from Manila met at the Airport and spent the 30 minutes to grab some lunch together. Then I went inside to check-in, to my surprise the NAIA departure was extremely busy. I have traveled Internationally (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand) but that via Cebu, I didn't really expect that NAIA would be that busy. Therefore, for Filipina Girls like me, if it's your first time to travel Internationally via Manila. Check-In as early as you can, to make sure that you don't miss your flight when problems arise.

Departure Tips: Check-in at least 3 hours before your flight time.
- Fall in line (to the International Airport entrance)
- Get ready to show your passport and plane ticket or e-ticket itinerary.
- Check-in your baggage to the appropriate airline, if you have e-ticket they will give your plane ticket and your seat number(ask them to get you aisle, it's much better than seating near window), they are everywhere there so just locate em.
- Pay travel tax (So bring enough cash, they don't accept card)
- Fall in line, Get ready for some inspection, get ready to show your passport and the travel tax receipt, plane tickets. Your passport will be stamped "departure"
- Locate your flight. There is flight number listed in your flight ticket and there will be locators which gate number you should enter, the gate numbers are obviously huge so you can see it immediately.
- Enter the gate. You will be held for inspection, remove your shoes, belts and watches, cellphone and other with metallic objects (just don't wear em)
- Locate the flight number (again). Just locate which airline and it's flight number you have to fall in line.

Arrival at Las Vegas. I came to the United States with a K1 Fiance Visa, so I was held at the Immigration Office for Biometrics and stamp a 3-Months Visa to my i94 Arrival/Departure Record. Keep this record you will need this when you apply for SS# or Adjustment of Status.

My husband and I stayed at Excalibur- Las Vegas Hotel for the night. And flew together to Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment